Sunday, March 8, 2015

Remarking Necron Warriors

Here's a little project I've been meaning to do for quite some time.  Its a quick job just needed to put the models in front of me.



JJ painting, thought I made a post of marking my Necron warriors a few years ago so they can easily be identified on the battlefield.  Guess that was on the social-website-that-shall-not-be-named where I posted pics before I created the blog.

So you have forty Necron warriors on the battlefield.  Magically, some how, multiple squads get together in the same assault.  How do you differentiate them?  How do make your troops look different to quickly pick out which squad is which?  Originally painted them with little markings on the edges of the shoulder pads, which GW stole from me as evident in the new codex.  However the markings weren't different enough to pick them out easily.

The shoulder lines markings started simple then becomes more complex.


Thought what would be an easier way to differentiate them on the battlefield.  Occurred to me to not have all shoulders marked.  One squad would have both shoulders normal metal, another would have only one shoulder marked, next would have opposite shoulder marked and last leave both marked.





Hopefully it'll be easier to pick these out when they are all mixed up on the battlefield.


slainte mhath

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice way of differentiating them. I've seen people use different basing material, plastic rods, and painting the heads differently as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different coloured plastic rods, that's a great idea.

      Delete
  2. Nice should do something like that with my Guardsmen -LT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I use them I'll let you know how they turn out. Hopefully will use them Sat.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...