Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Eldar Army That Needs a Lot of Love Completed - Not What I Wanted

The Eldar army is done on time.  However...



JJ painting, this is an Eldar army commission for Bryan.

Looks like I missed a guardian.

 






And this is not what I wanted.  Then disaster happened.  While putting my beer down I tipped a candle jar and spilled water all over the table.  Picked things up and cleaned the table.  Reassembled the table and placed the wooden plank where it was and something wasn't working out the way I wanted and tossed it to the side.  Then the wooden plank slid and poured all the models on it across the table and onto the floor.  Broken models everywhere.  It was absolutely horrible.  Took a couple moments to think about the event and compose myself and started cleaning up the mess.  Needless to say I did not make the 192 deadline.  Sure I could cheat and say I made it.  Hell I was ahead of the deadline.  Considering the amount of time it took to fix everything and get back to painting the deadline was long gone.  Those in the IT business will understand when I said I blew the SLA.

And by the way who the fuck uses green stuff as an adhesive?  Whoever put this model together needs a serious lesson in how to put models together.  I have a terrible fear who did this.  For the record Green/grey Stuff is not an adhesive.  It fills gaps, it does not connect one part to another.  Learn how to assemble models.  In case I haven't said it.  Putty is not a way to put models together.  Use superglue, motherfucker!


Pinning for the win.  Fuck you, green-stuff-for-adhesive-using-motherfucker!


This is why it didn't take long to paint these models.  Before:

After

The entire Eldar army sans four wave serpents.


slainte mhath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...