Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dystopian Wars Federated Fleet Frigetes and Corvettes

New month and new commission.  Some exciting things are coming to this sandbox of ours.  Hope you're as excited as I am.  Better late than never.  Of course that depends whom you're talking to.

Put blue under those ships and it would look like a fleet.


JJ painting, this is a Dystopian Wars Federated Fleet commission.  Things are looking very Up right now.  Brad "Hulksmash" Townsend saw my Tyranid Hive Crone that I placed on my fbook page, Frozen North page and my commission page.  Tagged each pic with the discount for commission work through January.  He was very quick to contact me and asked a couple of questions.  He said he was open to how his Federated Fleet to be painted.  Suggested Steel Legion.  He liked that a lot.

We met at Fantasy Flight following Friday to get me the models and talked more about what he wanted.  He said he wanted a little bit of red on the ships.  Mentioned my idea of having a red stripe at a 45 degree angle.  He wanted a plate painted red.  Also mentioned a black wash over the models.

My original idea for Steel Legion colours changed after I found the correct colours.   Wasn't sure how the black wash would work.  If it would mess up the beige stripe of the Steel Legion.  Created a glaze and it worked out ok.

If only washes and glazes stayed this vibrant after drying.







slainte mhath

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. They look great and it's always nice to change up your subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zab. Was thinking of what you said a couple of months ago when painting these last night "paint anything, branch out."

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...