Edits in red
So are you wondering what is the new state of the codex Adepta Sororitas?
Some things are better, some are different, and some are worse. In general there are many more changes than I thought they would introduce (I originally thought they would basically just reprint the WD codex).
So the better:
Exorcists -10 points
- Solid unit for fewer points make it a win
- Extra options still make these expensive
- New ability War Hymns can give his unit reroll failed armor and invulnerability saves, give the priest Smash, or give his unit reroll on wounds
- Seems they get the extra attack for 2 weapons now
Heavy Flamer -10 points
Simulacrum Imperialis -10 points and different
- Has Shred special rule if majority LD is 8 or lower, so re-roll wounds
- Still probably not worth taking except Psykers are more prevalent, so maybe 1
- Causes Perils of the Warp on a hit to the unit (so I am unclear if that is every Psyker in the unit each suffers the Peril or what)
Shield of Faith
- Added Adamantium Will
St.Celestine +20 points
- Only 1 get up from death
- added Hit and Run
- In assault, first thoughts are she wants to be with a Priest to get re-roll armor saves and invulnerable saves, which kind of leaves the Seraphim without her to run around with.
- No give unit FNP
- Instead give models within 12" Fearless and Counter-attack
- Gives Shield of Faith models in unit 5+ invulnerable
- Hand Flamers reduced to -10 points from before, but act of Faith is 1 use per game
- Do not and can not get a Simulacrum Imperialis
- Faith changed to Ignores Cover
- Faith is Furious Charge
- Still not good on their own for assault
- So her faith power gives Hatred, but you can get a Priest for 40 points less and get always Fearless and Hatred (no need to roll for a Faith power), Huh?
- Why would someone take her, certainly not to get the Command Squad
Sororitas Command Squad
- Faith Changed to gets Fleet, Crusader, and Move Through Cover in the assault phase
- Crusader just in the assault phase only gives +D3 on sweep rolls.
- Move Through Cover in the assault phase only gives ignore charging through Dangerous Terrain.
Crusaders (only have power swords)
Retributor squads (Heavy Bolters are +5 points/model, and faith changes)
Eviscerators +5 points
- Only on Canonesses and Priests
- I was hoping for more like -20 points (mostly since Heavy flamers they have went down by that amount, I know that's not how those things are calculated, but they still seem overpriced).
- Reduced in number of attacks to 3
- Lost extra attacks on unsaved wounds
- New faith gives 3+ FNP
- Although they lose always on FNP
- 1 time use whether you pass or fail
- You can spend +10 points on a Veteran Superior to get +1 LD to pass just a little more often
- You can spend +10 points to try to use your faith a second time.
- Most Faith powers are not good enough to maybe work and then only once, unless you spend more points. It is hard not to look at other codex armies that just get special rules on every turn always.
Arch Confessor Kyrinov
- He's got a flavor text paragraph and his mace is there, but he's on vacation.