Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Deathwing Dreadnoughts 5.8

Now that I've completely painted my current Dark Eldar army.  Decided to take a break from the pain giver/takers.  Still have six Grotesques and a box of Wracks to do.  Will pick up another box of Wracks then paint all ten at the same time.  Deathwing are on the murder station.  Then work on my current Necron army before getting back to Dark Eldar.


Models to do during this break are my Deathwing Dreadnoughts.  Bought two of them, and some Terminators, from a buddy 10 years ago.  That was the last time the brushed touched these guys.  They've been aching for some love.  First one was painted in Dark Angel colours from one of the codexes.  Started painting over the Dark Angel colours while keeping some of the detail.  That was a good pipe dream.  They looked a little drab so I gave them another drybrushing of Bleached Bone.  People usually compliment my Land Raiders.  Want the Dreadnoughts to at least be the same hue.

Enjoy the pics.  Critique away if you want.


Here they are before sprucing them up with a new coat of Bleached Bone.


Ah, now that they have that itch scratched.  Definitely more uniform.  You know those Marines and their uniform fetish.


Blood Red on parts like middle Dreadnought.  Usually cables are black on all my models.  Guess I decided to keep the red cables from the original paint job of the Dreadnought.  Painted the twin-linked Lascannon tip Space Wolf Grey so when I do hit it with Blood Red will only have to do one coat.


slainte mhath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...