Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Eldar Autarch on a Jetbike part 1

Last model of Shawn's at my place.  After this I'll tackle my friend Bryan's Lysander.



JJ modelling, Nick, part of this may look familiar.  Thanks for the inspiration.  Eldar Warhammer 40k commission for Shawn.

Boy am I looking forward to working with metal again.  I mean it.  I like it better than plastic and finecast.  Don't get me wrong plastic is far easier to model with.  Guess there's something about the weight of metal.  Put a part of the model that I didn't want to show yet in the pic, hence blocking it out.

Prost to you, Nick.  Was talking with someone and they told me about IDICBeer converting a shuriken cannon this way.  Looked into and decided to go with it.

There's no peg for the sash.  It just sits between the pack on the leg and his hip.  This is one thing I do not miss when working with metal.

Fortunately it rests on the base for the banner pole.

Had no idea which weapon option Shawn would want.  It was about 3am.  Little early to call him about a commission question.  Decided to try something new.



This exactly what I do not miss when working with metal.  Superglue on little tabs that just touch a flat surface.  Surprised these both went on without a hassle.  Still prefer metal to other mediums.  Just waiting for them to fall off when painting.

Yep, you guessed it: magnets.  Except there's a problem.  Used 1/16" x 1/32" magnets because of the tiny eldar arms.  Fusion gun and Lance are too heavy unless supported as pictured above.

Perhaps if a larger magnet can be put into the shoulder socket then weapons won't dip down.  Can't do anything about arm size.



slainte mhath

4 comments:

  1. I prefer plastic. Not only because I find it easier to work with, but because if I do a horrific booboo it won't cost a lot to put right. Plus, as you have said, metal can be a pain when gluing heavy pieces.

    I'm not known for my patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plastic is great to work with.

      I'm also known for my lack of patience.

      Delete
  2. Cool, thanks for the shout mate, glad it was useful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...