Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ebay Eldar Wraithknight part 3

Sensing there is a big moment coming with this model that may have me feel the pressure of my time table.



JJ painting, finished Wolfsheim's catalogue.  Started and finished She Wants Revenge's catalogue.  Hopefully I'll get a full 7 hrs of painting in today.  Lost 3 hrs yesterday due to exchanging my Eldar codex at The Source, stopping by Fantasy Flight getting the rest of my pre-order, minus a few big items of course, and stuff to do at home.  Today Breaking Bad season 5 comes out.  Won't start it til Sun, sad panda.  Then need to talk to a bank about up-coming CONvergence.  Would really like to get at the murder table at 6pm.







In this episode of "Ignoring the little voice that says you'll go to far."  This star was perfect before I added 12 little flares around the halo.  F'd it up.

Quick stippling with Army Painter Mat Black and it looks almost as it did in the first place.

Little voice spoke up again and said the star on this forearm was done and not to add more.  Considering the last time the voice spoke up I ignored it, listened to it this time.

Of about 20 stars across all four arms and torso three had to be removed because mistakes while painting them.  Will redo them.


slainte mhath

4 comments:

  1. Very cool looking, I'm definitely curious how this will end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evan. I'm also curious how it will end up. Stars part was completely off the cuff and unplanned. Had to improvise since my airbrush skills weren't as good as I thought.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I really dig the stars you're doing - that's a great look, man!

    I may have to steal that idea for the wraithguard I'm scheming on - thinking about doing some starfields on their helmets and one or two of this style of star would be perfect.

    Keep up the great work! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mordian7th. Truth be told, the stars turned out far better than I expected. Looks like I need to touch a few up to make them cleaner.

      That would look great on Wraithguard. Please feel free to steal away.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...