Monday, July 2, 2012

7.2 Canoptek Spyders

Damn.  Last time I worked on these guys was a week ago 6.21.  Feel like I'm getting back into my rhythm.  Perhaps my crazy naps are going away.  Then I focus on getting my 40k modelling/painting act together.



Snot Green inside the runes on the carapace and between plates.


Close up of leg with Snot Green between plates.  Plan on doing a green energy glow on my Necrons.





Thank you, David, for the sponge and paper for the wet pallet.





1/1 Snot Green and Scorpion Green highlight over the Snot Green.  Only put the mixture on some of the runes on the back.


1/1 Snot Green & Scorpion Green highlight right of just Snot Green.


Can see the highlight much better here.


All four now have the mix hightlight.








Now time to learn.  Original plan is to use same mixture but add Skull White so it appears almost white.  I wasted a lot of paint this way.


After adding Skull White 5 times.


Then it dawns on me.  Put down some Skull White and add a dab of Snot Green and Scorpion Green.  Had to add two more health doses of Skull White to the right colour.  Next time I need to tint white going to use white as based and little dabs of colour.


Give you an example of what the white and green's look liked before mixing them together.  Also show how much paint I grab on the brush.



Lesson number 2.  The white mixture doesn't look good on power cords.  Stopped there.


Like how it turned out.






Next is to add a little bit of Scorpion Green around the plates where the light comes from to simulate glow.


slainte mhath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...