Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Begin work on Ebay Deathwing Land Raider. The day I've been waiting for.

Time to start the project I've been planning for over a year.  Land Raider, Forgeworld doors and new brushes oh, my!  Time to get this party started.


Put about 2 hours in tonight.

At game night Fri 21 Sept I was talking about my painting business.  Specifically I was terribly 
excited about the purchase of my Land Raider.  Told my gamers that it's getting near the end of the year.  They have heard me go on about this since the beginning of the year.  Hell since end of last.  As said "If I'm going to do this [Ebay Deathwing Land Raider] I better do it or stop talking about."

I tend to talk a big story with little actual follow through.  2500 pts tournament for example.  This time it's different.  And I am very proud of myself.  Feels damn good.

Plan on spending all of Oct working on this Land Raider.  Plan for the paint job to be at "JJ level" of detail plus beyond it.  A piece that dominates the board and catches every eye nearby.

Presently I plan on putting it up on Ebay for 29.50$ and let the market decide.  No reserve price.  Perhaps a 4 day window to place bits.  Thinking now will have the auction for a couple of weeks since I'm in no hurry for cash.  Maybe put it up Nov 1 and have bidding end on Nov 17.


Forgewold doors.  Took a little more cleaning than expected.


Undercoated Citadel Primer White.

I think I'll celebrate the completion of this painting project with Fight Club, episode of Millennium specifically The Curse of Frank Black, spicy tuna sushi and unfiltered cider on Oct 31.

Anyone who is familiar with selling models on Ebay feel free to leave any advice.  Price, shipping, window for bidding, anything really.  Please feel free to comment.  Drop some education on this first time ebay seller.

**
How to Paint Deathwing Land Raider
**


slainte mhath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...