Monday, August 20, 2012

Eldar Fire Dragons part 1

Shawn's next priority.  As he told me on Sat: Aspect Warriors.  Damn it.  Just when I thought I was going to do the hardest part last.  Its been pushed to the front.




Reason why I want to do these guys last.  Specifically Fire Dragons is because the paint scheme I have for them.  It's going to take time.  It will challenge me as a painter.  I'm in the "home stretch" of Shawn's Eldar.  I use quotes because Shawn has more Eldar for me to paint.  That's a good thing.  More models for me.

The paint scheme I have is Chainmail base.  Wasn't sure to do the entire model in chainmail or just the plates and keep the Eldar mesh armour grey.  Keeping the mesh armour grey would allow the Fire Dragons to stay in the same colour theme of Shawn's Craftworld Eldar.  Painting the entire models Chainmail would help tremendously with the next step.

Next step is to do Gryphonne Sepia wash over Chainmail.  With the bright metal covered in a brown wash it will make the metal look earthen.  Shawn wants his Aspect warriors to look non-traditional.  Which I agree with.  It gets dull quickly seeing different players models painted in similar colours.  This remedies that.  Which is probably a reason Shawn wants to keep the Primer Colour Uniform Grey as one of his Craftworld's three stock colours.

Going to challenge myself.  I say that because as any painter will tell you, the brush goes where it wants.  Wash definitely doesn't follow any rules, including gravity.  I know the wash is going to land on the grey.  I just hope not too much.  I'm really going to focus when washing these models.  Hope I remember to do a before and after pic of Chainmail besides Chainmail with Gryphonne Sepia wash.

This is going to take time.  Hopefully I'll be done with the Eldar Shawn handed to me by the end of the month.  These Fire Dragons are the X factor.

Again started painting plates before eyes.  Habit and routine make my life possible.  2 points if you know that quote.



slainte mhath

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...