Monday, August 27, 2012

Eldar Shining Spears Completed

Last where we left off.



These went by fast.  Took almost exactly the amount of time I expected.  4hrs.

Painted array grey.  Turned out didn't need to do the entire array.  Just the base.



Wasn't sure where to go here.  Decided Exarch's canopy is going to be a different colour.  When it comes to Eldar it's Fashion at all Costs, FAAC.



Abaddon Black for part on top of spear.  Twin-linked Tueleans.  Engine intake and exhaust.  Wasn't thinking ahead.  Will end up pulling it back out again for the cords on the arrays.



Arrays Brassy Brass.  Then black for the cord part.



Before.  Close up of what I'm doing to the helmets.  Shining Spears have two parts to their helmets.  Side closest to spear has an extra layer of armour.



After.  Extra layer of armour painted watered down Boltgun Metal.  Which again, I advise against.  Looks horrible.  At least to me.



All helmets and extra armour on right shoulders watered down Boltgun Metal.



Thought about literally making the spears shining.  Decided against it.  Then a conversation from Friday went through my head.  I'm going to paint them white and do a "how to."

First layer of white.  You may notice the white is a little chalky, as some call it.  Or it is darker in some places compared to others.  There are several ways around this which I'll cover in a post later today.



Second layer of white.  Looking cleaner.



Third layer of white.  Finally the clean I'm looking for.



Bulbs Caledor Sky.



Really loved painting these guys.  Primarily because it was so easy to cover up most of the grey and look like I have completely painted model.  Made me feel damn good!

Complete.  Critique away.


slainte mhath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...